30 June 2013
29 June 2013
28 June 2013
27 June 2013
26 June 2013
25 June 2013
24 June 2013
23 June 2013
22 June 2013
21 June 2013
I repeat the Mother’s name as “Ma Anandamay’. Through the power of her
can attain everything- devotion, faith, intellect, wealth and opulence etc…. In
the Chandi it is said She can great prosperity and success, and all that one desires. I
derive more strength from the Mother’s name than from Sri Ramakrishna’s. Once
Swamiji (Vivekananda) happened to be at the house of Balaram Babu. The Holy
Mother too was there. Everyone was going to offer his salutations to the
Mother. I was just sitting near Swamiji. Swamiji asked me to go and prostrate
before the Mother. I went and did my salutations the ground with bent knees and
head. I did not know that Swamiji had followed me. Seeing me saluting the
Mother in that fashion he remonstrated, Is that the way of prostrating before
the Mother?’ Saying this he threw himself full length on the ground at the feet
of the Mother. Seeing that, I too at once followed suit. Mother is our very
own. The mind is in external obedience before her.
You must look upon Sri Ramakrishna and the Mother with an eye of non-differentiation. Remember, one cannot realize the Mother without the grace of Sri Ramakrishna and vice versa. Sri Ramakrishna is as it were Narayana, and the Mother, Lakshmi. One has to ask for strength before the Mother. Without strength nothing can be achieved.
Look upon the Master and the Holy Mother as one and non-different. Always keep in mind that one cannot reach the Holy Mother without the grace of the Master and the Master without the grace of the Mother. The Master is as it were Lord Narayana, and the Holy Mother, the Goddess Lakshmi. Pray to Holy Mother for infinite power. Foe nothing worth the name can be achieved without Shakti.
The Master is indeed Rama and Krishna. And the Holy Mother is none other than Sita and Yogamaya. This time the Master’s advent on earth was in a disguised form.
Labels: greatness of sri sarada devi
20 June 2013
19 June 2013
18 June 2013
17 June 2013
16 June 2013
15 June 2013
14 June 2013
13 June 2013
12 June 2013
11 June 2013
CHAPTER-V: SELF-EFFORT AND DIVINE GRACE
1. Disciple: "How does one get the vision of God?"
Mother: "It is only through His grace. But one must practise meditation and
These remove the impurities of the mind. One must practise spiritual
disciplines such as worship and so forth. As one gets the fragrance of a flower
by handling it, or as one gets the smell of sandalwood by rubbing it against a
stone, in the same way one gets spiritual awakening by constantly thinking of
God. But you can realize Him right now if you become desireless."
|Sri Sarada Devi|
2. "The mind gets purified after hard Tapasya. Without regular practice nothing can be attained."
3. "The mind is rendered pure as the result of many austerities. 'God who is purity itself cannot be attained without austerities.' What else does one obtain by the realization of God? Does he grow two horns? No, his mind becomes pure, and through a pure mind one attains knowledge and spiritual awakening."
4. "The purpose of initiation is to try to realize God through sincere spiritual effort."
5. Disciple: "What is the need of Tapasya ?"
Mother: "It is very necessary. . .. The Master practised all kinds of disciplines. He used to say, 'I have made the mould; now you may cast the image.' ... To cast the image means to meditate and contemplate on the Master, to think of the various incidents of his life. By meditating on him, one gets all the spiritual moods."
6. "Spiritual practices are meant to keep the mind steady at the feet of God, to keep it immersed in His thought. Repeat His Name."
7. "If you practise spiritual discipline for some time in a solitary place, you will find that your mind has become strong, and then you can live in any place or society without being in the least affected by it. When the plant is tender, it should be hedged around. But when it has grown big, not even cows and goats can injure it. Spiritual practices in a solitary place are essential."
8. "Sit for meditation in the morning and the evening. Keep your head cool and practise meditation and prayer. It is very difficult to do so. It is rather easy to dig the earth with a spade." Looking at the picture of the Master, she said, "You will achieve nothing without His grace."
9. "Devotees who come nowadays simply keep on saying 'Show us God'. They have no spiritual practice, no prayer, no austerity — and past sins must be many. These have to be removed step by step, and then only God can be seen. The moon in the sky is covered with clouds; wind will blow away the clouds, and then only can you see the moon. Do the clouds scatter away all of a sudden? Exactly the same here. The Karmas get exhausted slowly. When God is realized, He illumines the soul internally — one knows this internally."
10. "My child, you have been extremely fortunate in getting this human birth. Have intense devotion to God. One must work hard. Can one achieve anything without effort? You must devote some time for prayer even in the midst of the busiest hours of the day. I used to be very busy during my days at Dakshineswar; yet I did my prayer and meditation."